We developed our kennel gate-latch to solve a number of problems with traditional dog kennels:
- First, we wanted a latch that could be operated with one hand. We assume your other hand is busy controlling the dog.
- Second, we wanted a latch that contained all types of dogs. Large dogs push at the top of the gate while small dogs push at the bottom.
- Finally, we wanted a latch that would allow the gate to swing into the kennel - or out into the aisle. This allows you to choose which direction you need the gate to go (to contain a more aggressive dog - or to work around cleaning equipment).
- Patented design (patent number: US 8,844,201 B2)
- Full gate-height latch.
- 4 points of contact.
- Small dogs can't squirt out the bottom.
- Large dogs can't push open the top.
- One-handed operation.
- Latch can be attached to either side of the gate to make the gate swing in the desired direction.
- Allows the gate to swing into the kennel - or out into the aisle.
This page is simply an informative post about how our latch works.
Our kennel gates are sold with the latch hardware included!